The benefits of the SFI program are demonstrated every day in Michigan as SFI program participants foster responsible, sustainable forestry practices among all landowners and among companies that manufacture paper and wood products.
But, all Michigan residents benefit, too.
Sustainably managed, healthy forests:
- Provide economic, environmental and social benefits indispensable to the quality of life in Michigan;
- Ensure the health and viability of Michigan’s $12 billion forest products industry;
- Provide many environmental benefits, from air and water quality to wildlife habitat and green space;
- Provide jobs for thousands of people and a tax base that supports Michigan communities; and
- Give us other benefits, including essential building and paper products, and all types of recreational opportunities.