Good for you. Good for our forests.®
The Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) has been working to make a positive difference in Michigan's vast forests since 1995. The SFI program in Michigan works to support responsible forest practices, wood procurement and harvesting throughout Michigan.
Collectively, SFI Inc. and SFI Program Participants:
- Train thousands of loggers and foresters
- Provide forestry information and support to family forest owners
- Apply SFI principles on more than five million of acres of SFI Program Participant lands in Michigan
- Use responsible wood procurement practices that
conform to the SFI standard
- Provide assurance to customers and consumers that
the forest and paper products they purchase, are from
sustainably managed forests.
Logger + Trainee Database
The SFI training program was developed to satisfy the wood-procurement and harvesting requirements of the many SFI-certified wood purchasing companies in Michigan. SFE training consists of core and continuing education (CE) training. This database can be checked by foresters who work for SFI-certified companies.
Facts About Forestry
How fast are Michigan forests growing?
Michigan's forests are growing considerably faster than they are being harvested. To be precise, each year 2.7 times more wood is grown than harvested--exponentially increasing Michigan's forestland.